Fall Home Maintenance To Do List
Winter is approaching at super speed and your fall home maintenance to do list has slipped through the cracks. View our list and get all of the important tasks taken care of!
- Check foundation for cracks & caulk around areas where masonry meets the siding where pipes/wires/vents enter the home and around windows/doors. Look for blistering or peeling. This indicates that the existing paint film is failing. No longer protect the siding of the building. If left the siding will deteriorate, leading to expensive repairs.
- Look at your shingles to see if they are curling or cracking. This indicates that your shingles is at the end of it’s life-cycle. Your roof will be more susceptible to leaks especially when snow is sitting on it for a few days.
- Clean your gutters! We cannot stress this enough. It is so important to clean out your gutters and downspouts before winter hits to prevent clogs from making a mess of your home. If you are short on time, hire a professional (such as Gutters & Guards) who can take care of it for your before it’s too late and you’re paying more to get home repairs.
- Weatherstrip your garage to keep cold air from leaking and small animals going in.
- Inspect your driveway & walkways for cracks. Repair it before winter hits and it only gets worse.
For a free estimate on gutter cleaning, repairs or adding gutter guards, call us today! Our experienced team will take the guess-work out of the process, and ensure that your home is protected.
Tags: Charlottesville Virginia, Construction and Maintenance, damage, Debris, Downspout, fall, fall gutter cleaning, Gutter Guard, Gutter Guards, Gutters, Gutters and Guards, Home repair, ice, Lynchburg Virginia, Rain gutter, Roof, Virginia, Water damage, Weather, winter