5 Things To Add To Your Fall To Do List
This fall comes with many different tasks to take care of before winter hits. Here are 5 more things to add to your fall to do list.
- Clean And Service Your Chimney
- Before you go and start up the fireplace. Make sure your chimney is free of all debris and birds nests. These can really be hazardous to your home.
- Install Gutter Guards
- Installing gutter guards is always a big help when you find yourself cleaning out gutters more than twice a year or if your are just not up for the task. Having a gutter guards does not mean that you never have to clean your gutters; it just means that you will have to do it only once a year and you’ll spend a lot less time doing it.
- Repair Your Driveway
- Inspect your driveway looking for cracks or other problem areas that could be hazardous to not only your family but guests.
- Wrap Indoor Pipes
- If your home has exposed indoor pipes, it would be best practice to wrap them during those cold winter months. This is help keep them from bursting. There are many different options to choose from. Visit your local hardware store and get an opinion from a professional if you are not sure which material will work best.
- Check Fire Detectors, Carbon Monoxide Detectors and Extinguishers
- This is always a must. We suggest that you do this every couple months to ensure that no batteries are dead or malfunctioning.
Don’t forget to clean your gutters, which in our opinion is the most important task in the fall! It keeps your home in working order!
For a free estimate on gutter cleaning, repairs or adding gutter guards, call us today! Our experienced team will take the guess-work out of the process, and ensure that your home is protected.
Tags: Construction and Maintenance, fall gutter cleaning, fall weather, gutter check up, gutter cleaning, Gutter Guard, Gutter Guards, Gutters, Gutters and Guards, Lynchburg Virginia, Rain gutter, Virginia, winter