10 Quick Tips About Your Gutters
Gutters are an important part of your home. They help gather rain water and direct it away from your home and foundation. We have 10 Quick Tips About Your Gutters and how to keep them in working order.
1. Clean and unclog your gutters A LEAST twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. This ensure that your gutters will not malfunction creating costly repairs and headaches. If you live in an area where there are more trees you may want to invest in gutter guards or clean them out more frequently!
2. Always make sure that your downspouts are unclogged and that they are carrying water out and away from your home’s foundation.
3. Seamless gutters have less seams ( the only seams are at corners) and therefore have smaller chances to leak.
4. Mold, water stains or discoloration of areas around gutters indicate a need for cleaning or repair.
5. In the winter months, it’s important to have clean gutters because clogged gutters can make ice dams form or become a bigger problem, since water is backing up.
6. If you clean your gutters yourself, make sure to use proper ladder safety!
7. Standing water is a breeding ground for mosquitoes!
8. If you neglect your gutters for too long, all the weight for the debris will cause your gutters to sag and pull away from your home. This can lead to damages if they fall from your home!
9. Seamless gutters can be made of aluminum, galvanized steel or copper.
10. After cleaning all the debris from your gutters, make sure to use a garden hose to rinse out your gutters and check for leaks in the downspouts! Do not use a power washer, this can cause damage to your gutters or other parts of the home.
Another tips that we tell our customers is to never climb on a ladder if you are not completely comfortable with it. This can lead to a bad injury!
For a free estimate on gutter cleaning, repairs or gutter leaf guards, call us today! Gutters & Guards experienced team will take the guess-work out of the process, and make sure that your home is protected.
Connect with us for daily inspiration, updates and information:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Tags: Construction and Maintenance, damage, Debris, Downspout, fall gutter cleaning, gutter cleaning, Gutter Guard, Gutter Guards, Gutters, Gutters and Guards, Home repair, injury prevention, leak, Lynchburg Virginia, Materials and Supplies, Rain, Rain gutter, summer, Virginia, Water damage